To join our association, you do not have to keep bees, you only need to have an interest in bees…. you don’t even need to live in Hertfordshire!!! Non-members are welcome to attend our indoor meetings and also attend taster sessions at association apiaries.
You do not need to become a member until you wish to keep bees of your own. Our membership year runs from the March 1st, you are however, welcome to become a member at anytime.
To join, download and complete the NHBKA Membership Form PDF and post to the Treasurer. (All details are on the form).
Membership benefits include:
- Membership of the BBKA and an excellent mo nthly magazine.
- Bee Disease Insurance.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Entry on to the swarm list if you need bees and are suitably trained.
- You are allowed to keep your bees at an association apiary, (Space permitting).
- You are eligible to sell your honey in Hitchin, at the old market place. (A small commission is payable to the association).
- The Queen finding team are at your disposal!!
- Free information available at indoor and outdoor meetings. —Find out how other beekeepers do it!
- Lectures and demonstrations throughout the winter months.
- Visits to Members’ Apiaries through the summer, —See how other beekeepers do it!!!.
- Loan equipment available through the association.
- BBKA module assessment advice, tutoring and examination.
- And possibly most important, the company of fellow beekeepers’ offering an opportunity to swap knowledge, experiences, ideas and inevitably tea and cake.