- Impacts from pests, diseases and other hazards are kept to the lowest levels achievable
- Good standards of beekeeping and husbandry minimise pests and disease risks and contribute to sustaining honey bee populations – prevention is better than cure.
- Effective biosecurity at all levels minimises risks from pests, diseases and undesirable species
- Sound science and evidence base underpins bee health policy and its implementation
- Effective communications and relationships operate at all levels